T & E Cares & Girls Lax Cares
It’s finally here: warmer weather … the vaccine … spring training … AND the 2021 Kids’ Clothing Drive! See below for the details on this event. Please also take a minute to read about our new dental program and a PECO program that are helping some local residents! Lots going on as usual – but finally with the feeling of hope! Hooray! Thanks for helping to offer hope to so many! Sandi Gorman and the T&E Care Board: Jean Allen, Chris Bradley, Kirk Gorman, Damika Harris, Nancy Higgins, Josh Muskin, Laura Pratt, Sara Vose, and Jessica Weinberg
Kids’ Clothing Drive
We will be running this TOTALLY different from past drives! To avoid the big crowds needed to sort the random bags of clothes we’ve gotten in the past, this year we collected specific requests from local families. Those requests are now loaded onto a Sign Up Genius link that you can find on our website. It will be available until April 18. There are 7 tabs on the Sign Up Genius link – 3 different groups (infants/toddlers, 5-12 yr olds, and teens) and boys/girls for each group. The 7th tab is just gift cards. We REALLY want clothes to be donated – but we recognize that some kids may have difficult sizes or requests, so we want to have a few gift cards available to fill those needs as well. A few reminders:
- Multiple people can sign up for one child – hopefully this will give a variety of options to each child.
- If the request says “size 6 pants” – that doesn’t just mean 1 pair. If you have just one pair that’s fine. But if you have 5 pairs – that’s even better! Options are always best!
- We asked all the kids to list any favorite sports teams or colleges if they had them; and some did answer with suggestions. These are ONLY suggestions – do not feel that you have to make those donations if they are included on the list.
- You are welcome to buy new items to match a request, but that is not an expectation! Gently used clothes are fine as long as they are not ripped, stained, or inappropriate in some way.
- Please wash all donated items in advance if possible.
- All donations should be dropped off at the TESD Maintenance Building at 920 Old Lancaster Road between 8am-11am on Saturday, April 24th. If you are unable to do that – please let us know so we can arrange an earlier delivery.
- And please remember – no random bags of clothes this year – only clothes that fit the requests on Sign Up Genius can be accepted.
Any questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. MANY MANY thanks again for your support of this important event!
T&E Care is working with some local dentists to provide dental care to some local adults who don’t have the appropriate insurance. The Children’s Dental Clinic is a great non-profit that helps local kids, but many adults have been unable to cover their own appointments, especially during these past challenging months. Thanks to some amazing dentists who are offering us some discounted rates so we can help even more folks. We expect to add more dentists to the list in the coming months. So far we want to thank: Neal Neuman, Anna Rossis, Kurt Myers and Jack Fitzgerald, Ken Loesberg, Tony Zalis, and Rajeev Gowda.
One mom who was recently contacted by the dentist letting her know our assistance had been approved told us: I got the call from my dentist this morning. I don’t think I’ve cried that much in a long time. (Happy tears) I’m beside myself with gratitude. My teeth are a disaster and have been for years. I don’t have insurance at the moment because I can’t afford to get any $ taken out my check so this is SO big. I can never thank you and your donors enough. I can’t believe I’ll be able to smile without keeping my mouth closed!!! Thank you thank you!
Through an amazingly generous donation, T&E Care has been able to cover some PECO bills for folks who are still feeling the effects of the pandemic. Bills are still mounting, so we wanted to help make sure folks were able to cover this important utility payment. So far we’ve paid over 80 PECO bills, with more expected to come! This type of help can make a huge difference! One mom said to us: I want to thank this agency for helping people stay above water. I’ve never been here before. The last year has been horrible. When I lost my position, I lost stability and balance. I almost lost my mind with the wave of financial stress and grief after the loss of one of my parents. Fortunately, I am working again. However, it’ll be a while before things are normal. There’s so much debt to erase. Nevertheless, I am grateful to God for all of you. This agency kept me alive and moving in the right direction. Thank you for saving lives. Thank you for helping me with my PECO bill.
A few special thanks
Since our last email we received a generous donation from the New Eagle Elementary School PTO and a great matching gift from AmerisourceBergen. We truly appreciate these donations as well as all the individual donations that also come our way! They all bring HOPE! That’s our word for 2021!!