Winter Training and YSC Information
November 22, 2020
We are planning to play throughout the winter but will adjust as needed. Please keep in mind the following.
1. Players will wear masks for all practices and games. We will have CHS Lax masks for every player and will distribute them at YSC games and SYS practices. Please continue to practice safe measures as we play this winter. No sharing water, distance as much as possible, DO NOT COME IF SICK, etc. And please report to Amy and Colleen Marengo if your daughter is quarantining.
2. Players have several optional opportunities this winter. Amy has created teams for playing and practicing. Players will be in one of three teams. Teams will play 6 out of 9 YSC games and will practice 6 out of 8 times at SYS with their team. We are also looking for outdoor opportunities for the girls to practice outside and play against local teams as the weather cooperates.
- Garnet Team – Returning Varsity
- Gray Team – Juniors and Sophomores
- White Team – Freshman
Another email will go out to each team with details and email addresses to allow for communication within the team. Some players have signed up to do only one of the two activities. I will do my best to address the variations but please pay attention to your own individual situation.
3. YSC – Games will be played on Sundays. A rotating schedule once the complete schedule is posted will be sent out.
- Dates of play: 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, 12/27, 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24
- Week 1 is Sunday November 29.
- Garnet will play at 11:20
- White will play at 12:10
- Gray is off from YSC (but may play outside at Radnor)
Of the three teams — garnet, gray and white — only 2 teams will play each week for a total of 6 games. Garnet is in the varsity division, Gray will play 3 in varsity division and 3 in jv division and White is in the jv division.
4. SYS (Steelyard Sports) – Practices will be Sundays 1:00 – 2:30 spread out through December, January and February. Players will be assigned 6 practices with their team, often combined with another of the three teams. This allows for adequate social distancing.
- Dates of practice: 12/6, 12/20, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28
5. Additional outdoor practices and games – Outdoor games will be played on Sundays OUTSIDE at Radnor or Springfield HS against local teams. If your team is not playing at YSC it will probably play at Radnor outside. I will email or captains will text about this.
Captains will text girls to let them know if Amy sets up impromptu practices.